2009-01-24

Ok, Oscar bets go here, in writing

$5 says Button for best picture. I'm not gonna bet for number of actual awards because you can win that with a bunch of technical oscars, which is just lame.

in, Mayur?

16 comments:

Oliver Warbux said...

better clarify this thing the only way I know how.

if (Benjamin.isBestPicture()){
Steven.gain5Dollars();
Mayur.lose5Dollars();
} else {

Mayur.gain5Dollars();
Steven.lose5Dollars();
}

is that it or is there a Slumdog clause in there somewhere that I'm missing?

Oliver Warbux said...

and I object to the notion of technical awards being lame (cuz you really should give credit to those guyz that turned brad pitt into the skeleton old guy =P)

Oliver Warbux said...

ok, after clarification, $5 to you if benji wins, $5 to me if slum wins.

Done.

Steven said...

ok I don't mean lame...but let's say button gets 1 more oscar than slumdog becuz it had 2 technical oscars but slumdog wins best picture (never gonna happen, lol)....then we get into a bs debate about the 'legitimacy of technicals'...and neither party will be satisfied. if we keep to 1 award, there is no ambiguity.

Oliver Warbux said...

or we could say that each award has its own merits and is considered equally worthy (but of course then it'd be no contest and slumdog would win =P)

Steven said...

...you are ridiculous. you want to do that instead? and won't bitch abt the exact nature of awards once they've been won?

Slumdog Millionaire
Nominated: Best Picture
Nominated: Best Director
Nominated: Best Adapted Screenplay
Nominated: Best Cinematography
Nominated: Best Film Editing
Nominated: Best Original Score
Nominated: Best Original Song (2 nominations)
Nominated: Best Sound Editing
Nominated: Best Sound Mixing

Benjamin Button
Nominated: Best Picture
Nominated: Best Director: David Fincher
Nominated: Best Actor: Brad Pitt
Nominated: Best Supporting Actress: Taraji P. Henson
Nominated: Best Adapted Screenplay: Eric Roth
Nominated: Best Film Editing
Nominated: Best Cinematography
Nominated: Best Art Direction
Nominated: Best Costume Design
Nominated: Best Makeup
Nominated: Best Original Score: Alexandre Desplat
Nominated: Best Sound Mixing
Nominated: Best Visual Effects

LOL...ur choice. I think it's even less likely that you'll win $5 this way..but if you wanna lose...go ahead, we'll just change it to most number of oscars.

OR....we'll play double or nothing :) 2 bets, $5 each.

Oliver Warbux said...

since there's so much overlap between the awards between the movies and slumdog is clearly the better one, there's no point stealing $10 from an old friend.

Keep it with the old: $5 for u with Benji, $5 for me with Jamal-Salim-Latika

Steven said...

ooh, some1's chicken.

alright, we'll play for the original 5 then :)

Oliver Warbux said...

not chicken. just considerate for your financial well-being

Steven said...

awww. how thoughtful. u wanna give me some of ur scholarship money too? :P

Oliver Warbux said...

I should be the one saying that, Mr.I-go-to-Queens-cuz-I-get-free-40K.

=D

Steven said...

then clearly it's not my "financial wellbeing" that's a matter of concern here, mr. too-chicken-to-place-a-ten-dollar-bet.

=D

Oliver Warbux said...

dude, I never said you were good at managing all that money =P. Who knows, it might all be gone (hence my concern for your financial well-being). Aren't I such a thoughtful friend? =D

Steven said...

ionno about thoughfulness...but i know u r a friend w/ a lot of excuses :D

which is good, in a way....

because it hides your crushing sense of self-defeat. :P

Oliver Warbux said...

"...because it hides your crushing sense of self-defeat"

Can't come up with any new insults eh? =P

Steven said...

no1's trying to insult you. you need to relax.

again, -points up-. :P