2007-08-19

Alright, some recent movie reviews:

Harry Potter: Bad. As usual. The end scene was terrible without the gold statues springing to life. I'm sorry. Decent acting from supporting characters. 2/5

Rush Hour 3: Chris Tucker is hilarious. Jackie Chan is old. Everything else in the movie sucked. The Yu/You Mi/Me Chinese joke was very badly executed. 2/5

Simpsons Movie: Really just a big episode. Some parts were pretty good; I enjoyed the 'breaking the 4th wall' jokes. 3/5

Bourne Identity: I saw this because I didn't want to go into Ultimatum without watching the other two. Great stuff. Pretty intense. Camera work is something...special. 3.5/5

Bourne Supremacy (my bad): Not as good as the previous one, but still good action scenes! The song at the credits of both songs (as well as the last one) is amazing. Moby's Extreme Ways. 3/5

The Invasion: Saw this with OSCSS people today. It was really, REALLY fun. It was a weird but fresh mix between frightening, dramatic, thoughtful, ridiculous, hilarious, and...bad science fiction. Horrible acting from the Body Snatchers though. 4/5

P.S. Oh and I STILL don't know how to add a title to my posts.

7 comments:

Oliver Warbux said...

You're a horrible critic!

BOO!!!!

The first two bourne's deserve much better.

Steven said...

it was not amazing, cuz i've seen better. 3/5 is not bad at all. so shutup, you doppelganger =P

Oliver Warbux said...

totally disagree..although I think you should judge the bourne series as a whole, as opposed to individual movies.

Steven said...

why? and i said i enjoyed the movies anyhow....u have way too high of an expectation...i don't give 4 and 5's just because I liked it.

Boggled said...

first of all, to the comments... the first and third bourne movies SHOULD be judged separately BECAUSE they have two DIFFERENT directors =P so yawr, but I do think both of them deserve better than a 3(3.5)/5 stevvie psh
now to the post itself:
harry potter: agreed, but what can u do, iz a series -_- (altho LOTR > all) and WHERE THE $%#$# are Dumbledore's spectacles???!??!?!
simpsons: U ACTUALLY WATCHED THAT??? IN THEATRES??? IT's just a long ep, like u said =P I'm so d/ling
Invasion: seriously, this is actually good? didnt want to go see it, but maybe now...
rush hour 3 - yes, iz awesome. YU MEE ... lolz strangely reminds me of Austin Powers Gold Member... cept that one was dirtier.. keke

u suck as a reviewer -_- but i enjoy it newayz XD

-L

Oliver Warbux said...

I think for bourne ultimatum, you mean bourne supremacy..or did you not watch that one?

Steven said...

my judgment is reserved for myself only. by no means do you have to take it, so rately my job as a critic is quite pointless. a 3/5 in my books is decently good. 3.5 is pretty good. so a little less bitching would be appreciated =P

no i actually do not recommend the Invasion. I doubt ANYBODY will enjoy it like I did. That's just a fact - the production value of the film was quite bad.

as for RH3, I did not say it was not funny. It was hilarious. It was just not good.